S7-300 PLC 5 Day Maintenance Class in Houston
- 5 Day Course
- Class starts at 8:00 am – ends at 4:30 pm
- Investigate basics of PLC operation, file maintenance and fault troubleshooting
- Student hands-on troubleshooting
- No tools, laptops or special software required, everything needed for class provided
- Lunch provided daily
- Prerequisite to attend this class — strong desire to understand how to safely operate and maintain the Siemens S7-300 PLC System
- Training Location: Webster, Texas
- NOTE: Contact us to schedule classes on a different date for your team or company
This 5 day course will investigate the basics of PLC operation, file maintenance and fault troubleshooting. After reviewing standard electrical safety procedures, hardware installation and I/O wiring best practices are examined in-depth. The student will be required to establish communications and operate the SIMATIC software to upload, download & save project files. Application development using time-driven and event sequencing will be discussed extensively. Using STEP 7 the student will troubleshoot PLC system faults, determine and resolve simple programming issues and using a multi-meter will diagnose I/O device failures. Everything needed for this class will be provided by Cates Control Solutions. No tools, laptops or special software required. Lunch will be provided daily. The only prerequisite to attend this class is a strong desire to understand how to safely operate and maintain the Siemens S7-300 PLC System.
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Enter and edit a PLC program that uses pulse on-delay and off-delay timer coil instructions
- Open and Download a project to the PLC and Monitor, Run, and Stop a program file
- Establish communication between an S7-300 processor and a laptop using a PC adapter
- Convert between decimal and binary as well as view the status of input and output process tables
- Design a PLC program that uses safety interlocks and controls the start/stop of a bi-directional motor
- Develop an interface wiring diagram and connect / operate discrete inputs & outputs to rack modules
- Design a PLC program that uses a time-drive sequence.
- Enter and edit a PLC program that uses SFB count up or down instructions.
- Create and configure a PLC project and enter and save a program file using SIMATIC Manager
- Update the documentation of a PLC program file.
- Diagnose an S7-300 system errors using a logical six-step troubleshooting sequence
- Troubleshoot the S7-300 PLC including the processor, power supply and I/O modules using the STEP 7 software, the PLC hardware’s status indicators, a digital multi-meter.
- Identify, understand and edit programs written in one of the three main programming languages: LAD (ladder), FB (function block diagram) and STL (statement list)
Certificates of Completion will be awarded to those who pass the test on the last day.
- Five Day Class
- Morning Session – 8:00 AM
- Morning Break – 15 Minute Break
- Lunch – 12:00 PM
- Afternoon Session – 1:00 PM
- Discussion/Practical Hands-On Exercises
- Afternoon Break – 15 Minute Break
- Dismissal – 4:30 PM