Cates Control Solutions (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.staging1.cates.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such Personal Information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Information We Collect Automatically
While using our Site, if you browse, read or download information:
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your:
- Internet Domain you use to access the Internet (e.g. yourServiceProvider.com);
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- browser type, browser version and operating system you are using;
- pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit;
- time spent on those pages and other statistics;
- Internet address of the site from which you are directly linked to our Site.
We use various third party tools such as Google Analytics and other measurement tools such as Google Search Console to help analyze how users use our Site. These tools use ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google and sometimes other vendors. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on our Site activity.
We will never use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our Site. The Web Analytics vendors do not associate your IP address with any other data held by them. Neither we nor the Web analytics Vendors will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this Site with any personally identifying information from any source unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form, registering or place an order on our Site.
Disabling and Enabling Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen option cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, your login cookies will be removed.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Site is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. This Site does not sell services or products for purchase by children. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, our Site by visitors under 18 years of age.
This Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Site.
Personal Information We Collect and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you to respond to your request. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, work email, company, location (“Personal Information”).
- We collect information from you when you place an order or fill out a form.
- When ordering or registering on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information and we may use it to provide you with additional information at a later time e.g., newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and related product update information. We will not disclose such information to third parties without your express permission.
- Credit card information is transmitted via PCI Service Provider Level 1 payment gateway provider Stripe. We do not have access to or see your sensitive financial details.
How Long We Retain Your Data
- Order data is retained to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our Site, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- If you have an account on this Site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, order processing or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our Site, and/or the users of our Site; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Site or us.
Policy Changes and Your Consent
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our Site to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with our Site, please contact us.