If quality didn’t matter
we’d all drive lemons
See the difference in Cates electrical control panels
Cates offers design and/or build capabilities for volume Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and custom electrical control panels for the industrial market. As UL 508A panel builders with over 40 years of experience, we understand how to produce quality panels that are easy to maintain and facilitate troubleshooting. With competitive pricing, on-time delivery and thorough testing, you can’t go wrong with Cates panels.
We Fabricate It – Cates Industrial Control Panels
- How low-quality panels can hurt your business
- Cates quality: full range of services, one-stop shop, dedicated OEM and custom teams
- Cates panels: competitive pricing, on-time delivery, easy maintenance and troubleshooting
- UL 508A/698A certified facilities: experienced, can build to numerous standards
Low-Quality Panels Can Hurt Your Business
“Cheaper” Panels Can Actually Cost Much More
- Thermal management overlooked/under- designed: Overheating, component failures, process shutdowns, voided warranties
- Insufficient space for incoming field wiring: Installation delays, improper field connections, panel reworked
- Standards interpreted for cost reduction rather than design integrity & safety: Personal injury, noncompliance issues, panel rejection at jobsite
- Insufficient testing & verification – drawings may not match panel: Rewiring & reinstalling
- Lack of component labels or mislabeled components: Hard to identify parts from prints – slows troubleshooting, equipment changes & technology audits; delays startups
- Communication wires not properly separated from high voltage conductors: Communication faults, EMI interference
- Wires not properly terminated: Poor crimps, insulation nicked or pinched in terminals
- Loose wires: Connectivity issues, arcing, heat buildup, premature part failure
You May Rarely Open Your Panels.
But When You Do – IT MATTERS!
- Production line is down
- Programming change or equipment change
- Technology audits
- Preventive maintenance
Minimize lost revenue, missed deadlines and supply chain issues caused by unplanned downtime — buy panels designed to get you back up and running quickly!
Try Cates Quality Control Panels
Full Range of Services
- Electrical Control Panel Design
- Drawing Creation
- Panel Fabrication
- Panel Testing and Configuration
- On-Site Startup Services
One-Stop Shop Convenience
- Ensures close integration with engineering and design
- Eliminates disconnects between panel fabrication and design specifications
- Saves time coordinating panel fabrication separate from process design
- Allows software, parts and designs to be updated together internally
Separate, Dedicated Teams for OEM and Custom Panels
- Each has a dedicated staff
- Independent production schedules
- OEM inventory works to MIN/MAX stock levels, customer reviews
- Custom area buys parts and creates kits for each job
Advantages of Cates Panels
Ease of Maintenance and Faster Troubleshooting
- Clean panel design
- Wiring labels
- Panel component labels
- Detailed Auto-CAD documentation
- 1-Year Parts and Labor Warranty
Every panel is bar coded, enabling us to track status and collect data as it is produced:
- Pinpoints issues or inefficiencies
- Issues can be traced to root cause
- Allows accurate forecasting of completion date
“Smoke” tests ensure no sparks, but rarely test the functionality and wiring of all components. Every Cates panel is individually and thoroughly tested against our stringent quality standards.
- Quality inspections at each stage of process
- Thorough testing based on Factory Acceptance Test standard
- Testing of every component in the panel
- Verification and documentation of certified standards
- Loading and testing of customer software
- We encourage you to be involved in panel testing for factory acceptance
- We can simulate different scenarios and signals at our facility, which reduces startup time and improves your overall control system
The size of our shop allows volume purchasing, and our Lean Manufacturing efficiencies drive our costs down. We pass these advantages on to you as lower prices!
Our goal is Every Panel on Time, Every Time. We can reallocate resources if needed to deliver your order on time. Need your panels FAST? Try our Express service!
Cates in an Experienced UL 508 Panel Builder
UL 508A/698A Certified Facilities
We apply years of experience understanding and complying with UL standards to ensure your panels pass inspection and have proper documentation.
- Control panel facilities centrally located in Dallas and Houston
- 30,000 sq. ft. of environmentally controlled shop and staging space
- Modular shop design – stations on wheels for rapid reconfiguration
We Can Build to Numerous Standards
- UL 508A, UL 698A, NEC (NFPA 70 National Electrical Code)
- CE, ATEX, ETL, Hazardous locations
- CSIA Best Practices and Guideline
- Cates panel design standards
There Is Always Someone Cheaper, but at What Cost?
Consider Overall Cost of Control Panel Ownership
- Production uptime
- Panel working correctly “out-of-the-box”
- On-time delivery
- Receiving correct prints with the panel
- Ability to consult about panel design and standards compliance
- Faster troubleshooting
- Quality to maintain the project’s planned lifecycle
Industrial control panels stay on job sites 10-15 years! Quality is important to uptime and maintaining a project’s planned lifecycle.
Tell Us About Your Project
Email us your fabrication
questions and problems.
Call Our Panel Experts
Call us today to discuss your OEM
or custom panels!